Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Makeup Design Academy Module 1: Finals ♥

After a week of classes, finals came and we are required to bring our own model for this day. We are assigned to do three looks, which are romantic bridal makeup, dramatic bridal makeup that is inspired of 1960's Twiggy, and lastly an evening look for Santacruzan Flores de Mayo. I asked my high school friend and teammate to model for me today. She has modelling background so she is perfect for this project. Thank you so much Fatima for joining me in my finals! ♥


Hair setting and bare face:

First thing we did is setting the hair for volume. Our teacher will be styling the hair so it would be quick and we could just focus on the makeup application itself. We just have to bring hair accessories to make the look more appropriate with the theme.

Look #1: Romantic Bridal Makeup

 This look is garden inspired wedding, so I added a simple white flower crown.
For the eyes I went for pink base and highlight. For the crease I went for purple to deepen up that area. For the lips I chose NYX Round Lipstick in B52 since I think it would fit the bridal theme.

Here's a picture during the photo shoot.

Look #2: Dramatic Bridal Twiggy Inspired Makeup

It is somewhat hard to pull of a Twiggy inspired look for bridal makeup so I opt for purple cut crease and a metallic silver for the base. For the lips I went for a rose tone to make it still look bridal.

Here is during the photo shoot. I didn't add any hair piece since Twiggy look didn't require any hair accessories, just hoops for earrings.

Look #3: Evening Makeup for Santacruzan

I love this look. I was inspired of just letting the eyes do the talking. In this look I used Urban Decay Naked 2 so it would be neautral and wearable. For the eyes I used a copper color for the base and black for the crease. My original lip color is just nude (as seen in the picture above), but the teacher let me change it up to make the lips more alive. I changed it up to a subtle pinkish red lips.

The hairstyle my teacher made was a simple up do and just amp it up with a huge crown that I brought.


To sum up the day, it was a fun and not a stressful day for me. I enjoyed applying makeup on other people and the time allotted we're just right since from day 1 we were trained to finish a look in a given time. I haven't got the raw pics from the photo shoot yet but I will post it as soon as I got my hands on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here to brighten up my day. ♥