Monday, November 25, 2013

DIY Eyelid Primer + Review ♥

Since my current eyelid primer from e.l.f. is almost done, I searched for DIY eyelid primers and saw a lot. I tried and tested out different DIY to see which is more effective. I copied and tweaked some ingredients, so I came up with this.



Eyelid primers' main use is to make eyeshadows more opaque, to lessen or to refrain the eyeshadows from creasing, and to make the pigments last longer.
The price of each primers depends on the brand, of course but sometimes even expensive primers are not that effective, so why not just make your own! I have ingredients I used in my beauty collection so I didn't spend at all.

Products needed:
Facial Moisturizer (Optional)
Aloe Vera Gel ( Main Ingredient; dupe: body butter)
Any foundation desired
Any face makeup with Glycerin (Glycerin helps in the longevity)
Container (I prefer squeezable container or same as an eyelid primer container)
Spatula (for mixing)
You just basically mix one part of each ingredient together and voila! You have your own DIY Eyelid Primer.

So I have compared the DIY Primer with my e.l.f. eyelid primer, which is a great dupe for the Urban Decay primer potion. As you can see the DIY primer made the purple eyeshadow bolder than the others.
Left: e.l.f. eyelid primer, Center: DIY Primer, Right: no primer
Time: 10:50pm
As for the longevity of the primer, the DIY primer holds the pigment longer than the others. The shadow is still opaque and very bold.
Time: 11:14pm
Time: 2:04am
I hope you enjoyed this DIY project! I just want to share what I have discovered. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here to brighten up my day. ♥