Monday, February 17, 2014

San San Single Eyeshadow Review ♥

These are not new to the market but I still want to share with you my thoughts about San San's single eye shadows. I do not have all the shades but I have quite a few.
(Right to Left) Top: Deep Earth Brown, Pink Opal
Center: Purple Amethyst, Golden Chiffon, Charcoal Brown
Bottom: Warm Copper Fire, Cotton Candy Pink
The San San single eye shadows retails for PHP50 each, but I bought them for only PHP35 each during their anniversary sale. Watch out for their sale to avail this product with 10% off. As for the ingredients, it has Vitamins A, C and E, and it is Paraben-free. The weight of the product is not stated in its packaging but it has a lot of product for a single eyeshadow and for its price. In total, the single eyeshadows has 20 shades ranging from neautral tones to shimmery colorful shades.

I only have 7 shades with me and the next pictures will show you the swatches I made and my review for each color. I will be showing 2 swatches, the left is just one swipe of the product and the right side is a build up swatch. It is also captured with flash.

1. Cotton Candy Pink
This shade is too light pink. It comes of as shimmery white on swatches. But I love the shimmer of this and I use this to highlight my inner tear ducts and it makes my eyes look alive and awake.
It can be a dupe for Revlon Color Stay Eyeshadow in Light Pink.

2. Purple Amethyst
I don't know why they named this purple amethyst since amethyst is already purple and they're making it redundant. Anyway, this is not too pigmented that you need to build it up but it is a good color.

3. Pink Opal
I bought this for a reason that I thought it could double up as blush but this one is not as pigmented as I thought it would be. In the pan it looks like a strawberry color but swatching it, it is sheen and full on shimmers. Maybe that's the reason why they named it opal because it's like translucent. I am not a fan of this shade. I tried to swatch it in different base and it works in a red cream eyeshadow. I swatched it in a white base and it looks like the Cotton Candy Pink. Even though it is cheap, it is not worth it.

4. Golden Chiffon
I haven't used it in my lids but in the swatch it looks opaque and I really love gold eyeshadows. I will try this soon and I will update you about my thoughts on this one. But as for the swatch, I already love it.

5. Charcoal Brown
I tried swatching it side by side with my Naked 2 palette and it is somewhat alike with Busted. I haven't used this yet but I think this would be great for a dramatic smokey eye. This one is pigmented but it comes off a bit chalky that it may have a lot of fall outs.

6. Deep Earth Brown (matte)
I don't know if I got a bad batch but this one is in between a powder and a gel texture. As you can see on the picture above, it left a mark when I used my finger to swatch it. It is too chalky when I swatch it aand has a lot of fallout. A lot of YouTube Gurus are raving about this and they use this for their brows and nose contour but I find it slightly not that pigmented for the brows. I sometimes use this to contour my face and it has a great longevity.

7. Warm Copper Fire (matte)
 Out of all the shades I bought, this one is my favorite. I use this to contour my face, nose and crease. This has a bit of orange tone to it but not as much as my Benefit Hoola Bronzer. I love the texture of this. It doesn't have any fallout and I don't have any complaints about this one.

 Side-by-side swatches:
*These are build up swatches
*natural light
*with flash
I fell in love with some of the shades and some didn't impress me at all but that doesn't stop me from buying other shades. It's very affordable anyway. I do recommend it but I am not raving about it. It's still personal thoughts and likings, and I encourage you to try it for yourself and see if you'll like it.

That's everything I have to say about the San San Single Eyeshadows. Hope you learned something. Thank you! ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here to brighten up my day. ♥